Well, I am off for another trip—this time to Salzburg, Austria. How can I possibly be going on another somewhat extravagant trip, you ask? Let’s just say that I marry very well. As I soar at 40,000 feet, I wanted to remind you about the Monthly Wine Writing Challenge (#MWWC9) as the deadline is fast approaching (a week from Monday). For those of you new to the game, this month’s theme is:
- The Challenge is open to anybody and everybody. It helps if you have a blog, but that is certainly not a requirement (contact me if this is the case).
- Write a post based on this month’s theme: “Fear”.
- The post should be at least tangentially related to wine (after all, it is the name of the challenge!).
- The post should be more or less around 1000 words (I routinely violate this rule, so it is just there as a “guide”).
- Include the Monthly Wine Writing Challenge badge (above) that was designed by the very first winner, The Armchair Sommelier.
- Once you post on your blog, link back to this post (or somehow notify me—email is best: jeff (at) thedrunkencyclist (dot) com), and I will be sure to include a link here as well as on all subsequent posts about this month’s challenge.
- It would be great if you tweet a link using the hashtag #MWWC9.
- Remember to vote!
The all important dates:
Deadline for submission: Monday, May 5th, 2014
Voting Begins: Tuesday, May 6th, 2014
Voting Ends: Monday, May 12th, 2014
Winner Announced: Tuesday, May 13th, 2014
Thus far, we have seventeen entries:
Great entries, all, but a far cry from the usual 20-25 entries that we have been getting. So let this serve as a gentle reminder to get to the keyboard and get writing!