Happy New Year!

At the dawn of a new year, I thought I would do something I don’t think I have ever done:

Writing down my New Year’s Resolutions.

1. Drink more Italian wine—at the end of 2014 I was drinking a bit more (including three really good Franciacortas) and I plan to delve into more regions other than Tuscany and Piedmont.
  2. Drink more Merlot–this one might be a tough one to keep, but again, I tasted a few nice Merlots near the end of the year, and I am going to try and search out the Miles-maligned Merlot a bit more this year.
  3. Get Posts done a day (or more) ahead of time–I would like to have posts “in the can” at least a day ahead of time (and it looks like I will start this resolution tomorrow).
  4. Do more interviews–when I started this blog, one of the ideas I had was to interview people in the wine world who were also cyclists. Well, I have done one, but I have not yet posted it. The plan is to do a few more this year.
  5. Drink less on New Year’s Eve–I am hurting right now, even the noise of the keyboard is a bit more than I can bear…..

IMG_3553

This entry was posted in Wine and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to Happy New Year!

1. Anthony V. Ponzio says:

If you are interested in drinking more Merlot varietal wine, I suggest that you check out Paumanok Vineyards, Ltd. on the North Fork of Long Island, New York Wine Region. Contact is Charles Massoud at charles@paumanok.com, Tel. No. (631) 722-8800. Ask if you can sample the 2007 Tan Label Bottling, or the 2010 Tan Label Bottling.

2. Your goals all sound fairly easy to keep or do. Why more Merlot? Just wondering.

3. Good goals. Sorry about the clicking keys. 🙂 Happy New Year!
    BB

4. aFrankAngle says:

Happy New Year … and more good wine is a worthy goal for my 2015, … Oh crap … I owe you and ID of my Secret Wine Santa. Did you already publish the list?

5. I approve of more Merlot! Constantly teased by my uncle for continuing to drink it. Just tried a pretty awful Italian wine from the Sicily area though, so I might not be drinking more Italian wine in 2015. Good luck!

6. Happy New Year! I think #5 will be on my husband’s list of resolutions as well. He’s hurting too…

7. BerLinda says:

Hope your head is better! 🙂

8. Ambitious resolutions…#3 makes me break into a cold sweat – good luck with that. When my son saw the picture of Sebastian in this post he said “Arrrrrrrgh! Monster, mommy, turn it off before it destroys everything.” His perception of reality has been dramatically altered since finishing a classic Godzilla movie marathon with dad. Happy new year to you and your family Jeff – appreciate all the support and here’s to more good times in 2015! Xo

9. Ashe says:

Love the interview idea and I can’t wait to read them!

10. dwdirwin says:

Looking at your NYE Facebook posts, #5 is quite understandable. 😉

11. TIA says:

I’m struggling myself….though I drank zero wine!! Happy New Year!

12. SAHMmelier says:

Happy new year and happy to see these. Italian and merlot in one year? How can i help? And remind all of us next 12/31 of the last one. Rough start…

13. ulli says:

Happy new year – cheers 🙂
    Ulli

14. winesactually says:

Happy new year Drunken Cyclist! 🙂

15. Kara Sweet says:

Excellent resolutions! I went through a merlot phase a while back after sipping a wonderful one. There can be some wonderful options out there. I look forward to your posts about them!

16. wineismylife says:

So how are you doing with this one?

“Get Posts done a day (or more) ahead of time–I would like to have posts “in the can” at least a day ahead of time (and it looks like I will start this resolution tomorrow).”

I thought of this post last night while I was typing up another wine and restaurant review. I currently have 9 drafts waiting to be posted! It has been a long time since I’ve had that many waiting in the wings. You?