Sundays Are For Sebastian—#89

Sebastian is my six-year old and he says some of the funniest things–we have no idea where he gets his material since his mother and I are rather boring, serious people.

Today, something a little different–As I have mentioned before, Sebastian and his brother Nathan are both taking Tae Kwon Do and both seem to be really enjoying it. Recently, the instructor started having competitions for a variety of skills and since the boys are relatively new to the discipline, they can not really match the more experienced students.

With one exception.

Sebastian is a bit of a push-up fiend and he broke the record on his first attempt, with 47 solid push-ups in a minute.

A couple of weeks later, the previous holder of the record and Sebastian had a one-on-one show down. A good thing I was not there.

In my mind, only one of them is actually doing “push-ups”. What is the other doing? I have no idea….

This entry was posted in Family, Humor, Kids and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Sundays Are For Sebastian—#89

1. sallybr says:

Pretty awesome! Loved the video….

2. Quite simple… his opponent was demonstrating his best yoga downward dog!

3. keahn says:

Even though they are “littles,” I agree with Eric Tonningsen. A bit more downward movement is needed to distinguish a push-up from downward dog — Go, Sebastian!

4. Yeah the kid on the left is just having some kind of fit, that’s not a push up!

5. bikevcar says:

Definitely only one kid doing push ups in that vid

6. Dude, what a little cheater on the left. Even I can do that!

7. Rock on Sebastian!!!

8. dwdirwin says:

the kid on the left remind me of the type of push-ups that the high school age kids on our club swim team would do when they had to do them for punishment. I was like “come on, you guys are swimmers and can’t even do a proper push-up?!” Great job by Sebastian!

Yes, only Sebastian is doing push-ups – the other guy is not doing anything. I would simply not count any of the push ups which are not done with the right form. It is very unfortunate, but many of the martial arts schools are trying to be “politically correct” (for the luck of the better word) and are trying not to upset any of the students, especially kids, I saw it all too often in various “competitions”, where no matter how poorly the competitor performs, he/she is guaranteed to leave with at least some kind of medal. Unfortunately, but this is how the system works.

• Some of the “higher belts” in the class seem to have been promoted based on, well, um, nothing. I get the whole “everyone gets a trophy” syndrome, but this is a bit ridiculous….

• talkavino says:

While seems simple, this is a very complex subject which is better discussed face to face with the glass in hand…

10. BerLinda says:

Looks like the other kid is doing downward-facing dog with twitches 😉
    By the way, have you seen this?
    Shudder.

11. dakegrodad says:

Seb did a better job I hope he doesn’t get discouraged