Sundays Are For Sebastian—#126

Sebastian is my seven-year old and he says some of the funniest things–we have no idea where he gets his material since his mother and I are rather boring, serious people.

Sebastian’s birthday was back in August, and his mother and brother were both out of town. So, the morning of, the conversation went something like this:

Me: “What do you want for your birthday dinner?”
Seba: “I dunno.”
Me: “Well, would you rather go out for dinner?”
Seba: “OK”

A few minutes later…

Seba: “How about we just have leftovers and play poker all night?”

So we did. I’m not sure that was my best parenting ever.

Seba left alone with a selfie stick:IMG_4673

IMG_4677

IMG_4694

This entry was posted in Family, Humor, Kids and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Sundays Are For Sebastian—#126

1. frankstero says:

Cute kid! and funny too :o)

2. jeffeckles says:

Poker is a life skill. Did you take him for all he was worth?

3. Excellent parenting! Chances are that’s a happy memory he will have for a lifetime.

4. sallybr says:

Perfect parenting skills, although from what I understood the idea of playing poker all night came from Sebastian. He gets extra points, and his Dad should work a little harder on his parenting skills…. HA! 😉

5. Beth says:

So cute! Nothing wrong with leftovers and poker!

6. Fiona says:

With my poker face on: that’s a matter of opinion. I’m sure it’s a birthday he’ll remember for ever. Great Dad (i.e. good parent…)

7. He looks so cute!:P

8. Katerina Archimandritou says:

Those were the days…(used to do that with my father …)

9. I think it’s great parenting! It was his birthday and he got to eat and do what he wanted!

10. dwdirwin says:

Can’t fault his taste in birthday celebrations!

11. Your son kills me. He is way too funny!!!

12. ChgoJohn says:

As others have siad, this birthday hell never forget and use it to bolster his opinion to his friends that his Dad is the coolest.

13. barnraised says: