FurmintUSA

Just a quick note as I am packing up to leave Châteauneuf-du-Pape, heading for a lunch in Marseille and then back to Mougins in Provence. I just found out that I figure somewhat prominently in a video released by FurmintUSA, the group spearheading the effort to familiarize Americans with the Hungarian grape.

I come off as a bit goofy (at least in my opinion), but it is a fun video. Let me know what you think:

This entry was posted in Wine. Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to FurmintUSA

1. Jane says:

Fame at last!

2. It’s fun. I love Furmint!

3. Jill Barth says:

I love it — you made an enthusiastic & dynamic presentation for Furmint. Great job!

Enjoy your trip. Are you meeting w any winemakers in Provence?

4. The Wine Culturist says:

Great video! What are the figures like for growing Furmint in the US? Is it a popular grape?

• As far as I know, there is very little (if any) Furmint grown in the U.S. FurmintUSA focusses on promoting Hungarian Furmints in the States.

• The Wine Culturist says:

Ah ok, that’s what I thought. Great to see Hungarian wines being promoted abroad. Have you ever tried Cab Franc from Hungary? I’ve heard great things about it, but we don’t get imported wines here in Argentina, sadly!

• Furmint outside Hungary is more of an experiment. CF from certain regions here are as good if not better than France 🙂

5. I thought it was great.

6. I see a lot of wine aficionados tasting, but not one wine aficionado spitting! The true sign of a good drop.

7. okiewinegirl2015 says:

Not bad! But I kept waiting for the saber part. 😜

8. It was about time Furmint gets some attention ! Such an interesting grape.

9. Thank you Jeff for being with us 🙂 (For us you are not goofy at all ;D)

10. jimcaudill says:

Nice job, you should get paid for excellent work like that!

11. Nice!! Not goofy at all!!

12. Great job Jeff, you didn’t act goofy at all, you just acted like yourself. 🙂

13. kriskkaria says:

Sounded like an expert to me. Never heard of this grape, looking forward to something new to try!