It is my last day here in lovely Mougins, up the hill from Cannes on the Côte d’Azur. I will be trying to squeeze in another ride today before I have to return my rental bike later in the day. It has been a great week of riding and wine, but even better getting a chance to hang out with some friends in one of the more beautiful spots in the world. I need to get a move on, but there are a few reminders today. In fact, this might be the most reminders ever….
- Last week, I found out that I was a finalist for a Wine Blog Award Best Blogpost of the Year for my post “Ohmygod 39–Into the Widow’s Cellar.” The public portion of the voting is now open, and you can vote HERE if you are so inclined.
- I recently made the decision to remove “PLCB Wines” from the menu up at the top of the screen. I found that I rarely go into the stores anymore, so updating the list of suggested wines was futile and rarely performed. I also feel that the PLCB should be abolished, so it did not make any sense to encourage people to go there. In its stead, I have put a link to all my sabering videos. Thus, if you would like a chuckle at my expense, you can go check them out.
- This is your last real chance to vote in this month’s Monthly Wine Writing Challenge, as the voting closes Monday night (and I announce the winner Tuesday). So after you vote for the Wine Blog Awards, you might as well go HERE and vote for the MWWC. Let’s face it, it will be far less painful than choosing whom to vote for in November.
- I will be hosting my last Wine Dinner in Philadelphia on June 8th at Fare Restaurant in the Fairmount section of the city. The theme this go around? Some of my favorite wines that I have “discovered” through this little blog. The cost will (likely) be the same: $75 ($96 with tax and tip worked in) for five courses, each paired with wine! Hopefully a few of you out there can make it!
- And last, the date for my last Sip and Spin is June 17th. I have been doing these Spinning class/wine tastings for well over a decade, and this one promises to be the best–I have a great selection of wines from Rodney Strong Vineyards! So if you have never been, and will be in Philly that Friday, give me a shout and I will try to squeeze you in! As of a couple of weeks ago there were just a few spots left!
Have a great Saturday folks!