Well, the winter apocalypse has come to Houston. Yesterday, it rained rather heavily in the morning, and then temperatures fell throughout the day and this morning it is well below freezing (not Minneapolis-style below freezing, but still). Today, my son had his scheduled basketball game cancelled due to those meteorological events. This, despite the fact that it is supposed to be around 40° and sunny at the time his game was supposed to occur.
I don’t get it either.
No need to feel sorry for me, though, the 70° weather returns on Tuesday.
Here are today’s reminders:
- The deadline for the latest Monthly Wine Writing Challenge (#MWWC30) is quickly approaching! You still have a couple of weeks to enter, but January 24th will be here soon. All the details can be found HERE.
- Back in November, I made several announcements concerning the 2017 Oregon Wine A-List Awards, which recognizes restaurants across the country with the best representation of Oregon wines. Check out the list and see what restaurants are near you!
- If you are in Austin (January 24) or Dallas (January 26), you really should consider attending Pinot in the City, which brings together 60 wineries from the Willamette Valley for what seems like will be an outstanding event. Why they are not coming to Houston, Texas’ largest city, is a really good question.
- I would be attending the aforementioned, but I will be in Sacramento that week at the 2017 Unified Wine & Grape Symposium, where I will be on a panel called “Beyond the Tasting Room: Marketing Your Wines Today.” If you will also be at the Symposium, I would love to say hi!
- It looks like I will also be in New York for “Italian Week” with the Italian Trade Commission the second week of February. Again, if you will be there too, it would be great to meet up.
Have a Happy (and hopefully warm) Saturday!