As I mentioned last week, I thought it would be fun to run a little take on Secret Santa this year among those who visit this blog from time to time. The concept is simple: People will send me their address and I will then randomly assign them a Secret Alcoholic. They then send their recipient 1-2 bottles of wine, that will hopefully get there in time for the holidays. They, in turn, will have been assigned to someone else, who will send them wine as well.
Here are the updated “rules”
- You send me your address (to jeff (at) thedrunkencyclist (dot) com). I will then randomly assign you someone to whom you will send wine, and someone who will send wine to you. You will then get an email from me stating to whom you are to send the wine. The person sending you the wine will remain anonymous (until you get the wine, of course).
- You select 1-2 bottles of wine that you either purchase or grab from our cellars.
- There is a lower limit on the retail price of the wine(s) ($25), which you can of course exceed….
- NO SAMPLES (for ethical as well as not wanting to be labeled a complete jack-donkey don’t send any wine you got for free, no matter how cute that critter is on the label).
- Limited to people with a U.S. address.
- Indicate if you have any strong limitations (e.g., Red Only or No German Riesling!)
- Get the wine shipped out before the end of the year, if possible.
Then at the end of the process, we all will have some more fodder for our beloved blogs.
If you want to participate, you need to send me your address as soon as possible (send to jeff (at) thedrunkencyclist (dot) com) since I will be sending out your Secret Alcoholic no later than Friday!
Please either email me or Tweet me (@masi3v) if you have any questions!
Jeff, I suggest that the people who want to participate will think about how they will be able to send wine to the others before they enter – just to avoid an unpleasant “oops” later…
That is a good idea–I will make sure that they check into it when i send out the names.
What a good idea. Shame point 5 rules me out…
I’m totally in! Can I request you as a recipient? I found a place that sells Cold Duck…
I do need some Cold Duck to balance out the cellar for when Ann Arborites come over…
Absolutely love this! #5 Rules me out too, but I have some people who are interested in doing this in our area! Thanks for the great idea!
Let me know how it goes!
Jeff, what if someone lives in a state where wine shipments are prohibited?
Eric, it is certainly a risk, but I live in one of those states and a “friend” of mine has not had a problem.
Pingback: Wednesday’s Meritage – Wine Quiz Answer, WTSO Magnum Marathon, Globalization!, #MWWC6 and more | Talk-A-Vino
If I had only one address this month, I’d totally do this!
You need to settle down so we can get you some wine!
Message sent. Received?
Yes! You’re in!
Pingback: Playing Wine Secret Santa | Talk-A-Vino
Pingback: MWWC#6 – Two Wines, Three Mysteries | Flora's Table
Pingback: Two Wines, Three Mysteries | Clicks & Corks
Pingback: Secret Santa Wine Review-Yummy!! | mrsugarbears