On Monday, I won the latest Monthly Wine Writing Challenge (#MWWC8). A few of us started the Monthly Wine Writing Challenge last summer with the desire to promote more creative wine writing. The thought was that we get caught up in tasting notes, winery visits, and the occasional food porn and we soon forget that part of the reason we put in all the hours that we do on these silly blogs is that we love to write!
There were several great suggestions at the end of last month’s challenge and I am in the process of codifying them. Over the next couple of weeks, I will be contacting several of you to try and determine what changes (if any) we should implement with the challenge. In the meantime, I thought we should get the creative juices flowing nonetheless.
Part of the Challenge is that the previous month’s winner gets to chose the topic for the following month. So without any further a do, this month, I have chosen:
- The Challenge is open to anybody and everybody. It helps if you have a blog, but that is certainly not a requirement (contact me if this is the case).
- Write a post based on this month’s theme: “Fear”.
- The post should be at least tangentially related to wine (after all, it is the name of the challenge!).
- The post should be more or less around 1000 words (I routinely violate this rule, so it is just there as a “guide”).
- Include the Monthly Wine Writing Challenge badge (above) that was designed by the very first winner, The Armchair Sommelier.
- Once you post on your blog, link back to this post (or somehow notify me), and I will be sure to include a link here as well as on all subsequent posts about this month’s challenge.
- It would be great if you tweet a link using the hashtag #MWWC9.
- Remember to vote!
The all important dates:
Deadline for submission: Monday, May 5th, 2014
Voting Begins: Tuesday, May 6th, 2014
Voting Ends: Monday, May 12th, 2014
Winner Announced: Tuesday, May 13th, 2014
If you’re looking for some inspiration here are the links to the previous winning posts:
MWWC1 – Transportation
MWWC2 – Trouble
MWWC3 – Possession
MWWC4 – Oops
MWWC5 – Feast
MWWC6 – Mystery
MWWC7 – Devotion
MWWC8 – Luck
Please contact me if you have any questions: jeff (at) thedrunkencyclist (dot) com