A couple of weeks ago, The Sybarite won Monthly Wine Writing Challenge #9 (#MWWC9) and just like all winners of the Challenge, his “reward” was to choose the theme for the following Challenge (in this case #MWWC10).
A few of us started the Monthly Wine Writing Challenge last summer with the desire to promote more creative wine writing. The thought was that we get caught up in tasting notes, winery visits, and the occasional food porn and we soon forget that part of the reason we put in all the hours that we do on these silly blogs is that we love to write!
The Sybarite has been quite busy with all the fame associated with winning the Challenge (actually, he has been rather bogged down with his day job), so he asked me to announce this month’s theme here. So, without any further ado. for this month’s theme, the Sybarite has chosen:
Personally, I love this choice as there are many ways that you could interpret the theme, as the word has multiple meanings (both in the plural and the singular).
- The Challenge is open to anybody and everybody. It helps if you have a blog, but that is certainly not a requirement (contact me if this is the case).
- Write a post based on this month’s theme: “Values”.
- The post should be at least tangentially related to wine (after all, it is the name of the challenge!).
- The post should be more or less around 1000 words (I routinely violate this rule, so it is just there as a “guide”).
- Include the Monthly Wine Writing Challenge badge (above) that was designed by the very first winner, The Armchair Sommelier.
- Once you post on your blog, link back to this post (or somehow notify me), and I will be sure to include a link here as well as on all subsequent posts about this month’s challenge.
- It would be great if you tweet a link using the hashtag #MWWC10.
- Remember to vote!
- I will try and secure another outside judge for this month’s Challenge. If I succeed, the judge will choose the winner from the top three vote-getters. If I fail, the winner will be the top vote receiver.
The all important dates:
Deadline for submission: Monday, June 30th, 2014
Voting Begins: Tuesday, July 1st, 2014
Voting Ends: Monday, July 8th, 2014
Winner Announced: Tuesday, July 9th, 2014
If you’re looking for some inspiration here are the links to the previous winning posts:
MWWC1 – Transportation
MWWC2 – Trouble
MWWC3 – Possession
MWWC4 – Oops
MWWC5 – Feast
MWWC6 – Mystery
MWWC7 – Devotion
MWWC8 – Luck
MWWC9 – Fear
Please contact me if you have any questions: jeff (at) thedrunkencyclist (dot) com
I understand none of this. I drink the wine. If I like the wine, I keep drinking it. Red, white; it doesn’t matter. Riesling can kiss my ass. I hate it. I certainly enjoy your writing style though!
I think there is a story in there somewhere! You should join the Challenge this month! (Let me know, though, since if you are going to enter, I won’t even bother entering 😉
I am going to push through this, come rain shine or hack. LOL!
Get that firewall up! And carry an umbrella!
What do you use to protect your blog?
I have never left WordPress (although I have thought about it), so they do it for me.
Hmmmm-maybe I’ll attempt it this month. 🙂
I value your opinion, so I shall attempt another challenge.
And I value your writing, do I shall look forward to reading it!
I am back in the race this months… no idea what approach to take to this title though!!
Yes! Well, that is true, there are a multitude of possibilities this month!
Right – I’m going to enter this time! In fact I’ve written it on my “to-do” list. This will happen!
Music to my ears (or whatever the equivalent is when you read something)!
Pingback: The Ramblings : MWWC10, Negroni Week and awesome bottles | Wine Ramblings
Reblogged this on mwwcblog.
I figured it is only right as the winner last month to be the first entry submitted. Wasn’t that hard…this group procrastinates! Thanks for everything Jeff. Here is the link:
Wow, that was fast!
Just in time, my vinous values!