After a solid ten days in France, I am back home to sweltering Houston. Yesterday, the Heat Index was hovering around 105°. I meant to go for a ride on Friday, but FedEx essentially ruined the whole day (if you don’t get out on the bike by 9:00, you risk certain death). But since it is a “special” weekend, I decided to ignore the extra six pounds I am packing and vow to get out on a ride early Saturday, in memory of Laurent Fignon, one of my favorite cyclists, born on this day in 1960 (and sadly died of cancer in 2010).
Not much else to report here from the Bayou City, other than a few announcements that are slightly outside of the norm….
- If you have not yet liked my Facebook page, what are you waiting for? A personal invite? A lengthy motorcade? An engraved invitation? Go HERE and like it!
- Are you following me yet on Twitter? If not, why not? Go HERE and rectify the situation!
- And what about Instagram? I know, I know, I don’t really get Instagram either, but since you are in the “following” kind of vein already, just go HERE.
- Last one. Just click HERE.
- Sorry for all the directives, but I technically just got a year older today and I am feeling a bit cranky.
Have a Happy Saturday!