I am back from a wonderful week in Austria to find my kids alive and no water in the cellar despite the torrential rains we had while I was gone. I also got home just in time to close the entry period for this month’s Monthly Wine Writing Challenge (#MWWC9). Officially, entries are closed at Midnight (New York City time), tonight (5/5), but as long as you notify me before I post the official ballot (say, 8:30 NYC time on Tuesday, May 6th), I will make sure you are included.
Thus far, we have twenty-five entries. I have searched blogs and Twitter, and I hope that I have all the entries thus far, but it is certainly possible that I have missed a few.
If you have written a post and it is not on this list, you need to email me at jeff(at)thedrunkencyclist(dot)com:
Great entries, all, and we also tied the record for most number of entries with 25!
- The Challenge is open to anybody and everybody. It helps if you have a blog, but that is certainly not a requirement (contact me if this is the case).
- Write a post based on this month’s theme: “Fear”.
- The post should be at least tangentially related to wine (after all, it is the name of the challenge!).
- The post should be more or less around 1000 words (I routinely violate this rule, so it is just there as a “guide”).
- Include the Monthly Wine Writing Challenge badge (above) that was designed by the very first winner, The Armchair Sommelier.
- Once you post on your blog, link back to this post (or somehow notify me—email is best: jeff (at) thedrunkencyclist (dot) com), and I will be sure to include a link here as well as on all subsequent posts about this month’s challenge.
- It would be great if you tweet a link using the hashtag #MWWC9.
- Remember to vote!
The all important dates:
Deadline for submission: Monday, May 5th, 2014
Voting Begins: Tuesday, May 6th, 2014
Voting Ends: Monday, May 12th, 2014
Winner Announced: Tuesday, May 13th, 2014